Friday, April 11, 2008

Umbrella...the previews...

Last night, I saw the final dress run of my show Umbrella...It went great. The show looks great, the direction is great, the actors are great. (That's Christa Kimlicko Jones in the photo, she plays Helen.)

I'm really proud of this show, I hope you can all come and see it.

Tonight's the night...tonight we start previews...we have a LOT of shows this weekend, it makes things tight, and I'm hoping we have big crowds.

And it's weired being the writer, after the last few bits of rehearsal today, to clean up some tech issues, I don't really have anything to do. Except tell people to buy tickets ( go to Alchemy Theatre's website, use the code AHLS for a discount!) and tell all of their friends to see the show.

I may wander the street of New York, try to pick fights with tourists...it IS that season again, and I wouldn't want a tourist to leave New York City with the idea that New Yorkers are friendly...don't they know the proper way of walking is quickly and NOT stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take a picture of a building...a BUILDING???

Or I could see a movie. But there's nothing this boy wants to see until the summer (really, have you seen the previews for Iron Man? Or the new Indiana Jones Movie?)

I could watch the show...nah. That's impossible. There won't be an empty seat in the theater.

Hm...I'll have to give some more thought to this...

No comments: