Monday, January 19, 2009

I did it.

I did it. When I made the decision to do it, I was just fine with it. But then, about an hour later, I started questioning whether or not it was the right choice.

I walked out of a show. A friend of mine was in it. He was great, lovely...I had never had a chance to see him perform.

But.

I did not like the play. I was bored out of my mind. I just didn't want to sit there any more. If it had been on TV, I would have changed the channel. And I'm sure there were people who loved the play, great. And it looks like it is selling well, great. I just couldn't. Sit. There. Any. More.

But, it's always the great dilemma, right? I want to support theatre. I want to support my friends. But sometimes...

I don't think it makes me any less of a supporter of theatre...we shouldn't be blind supporters, right?

I used to live in Minneapolis and there was this independent coffee house I went to...it was close, it was independent, and I felt good. Until, I began to realize...I didn't really like the place...to much smoke, slightly over priced, and the greatest sin: the coffee wasn't all that good.

I don't like walking out. When I sit in a theatre, when I pay my money, I want the show to be great, good, whatever. I want to be in love with theatre. And it kills me when I just...when I just can't sit there anymore.

No comments: