Thursday, February 21, 2008

Last one to move, #21...

View From My Apartment...21

Recently...I got back from India, having celebrated my first Diwali there (a few pics will be uploaded), and I was going to write about that.

And then, Thanksgiving happened, so I was going to write about Diwali AND Thanksgiving.

But. Then. I haven't. Not that I won't in the near future. But. Well. See.

Alright. I'm suffering from Momentum. We all have momentum. It's just a question of whether or not it's a moving sort of momentum or a sit and ponder what's coming up next on Turner Classic Movies. I suffer from the later.

Lately, I just haven't been able to get motivated to get up off my ass and go put my ass back down at the keyboard. And I think it's becoming a circular problem, the less time I spend in front of the computer working creates a bigger desire to NOT want to be in front of the computer working. What IS next on Turner Classic Movies...?

I think, honestly, I have become a little afraid. Afraid that I may not be as good as I think I am. Afraid that I won't have any more great ideas. Afraid that I'm to lazy to do this as a career. Afraid that time is running out. Afraid that I won't be able to make the big push that's required to really make writing a CAREER. A living. A life.

And so of course, the easiest thing to do is to do nothing. Well. Not nothing. I AM watching Turner Classic Movies after all....

But it's time for a change. How many times can one watch A Touch of Mink?

Next year I'm proposing not a New Year Resolution, but a New Year Revolution. (Oh, stop rolling your eyes, Butch.) A Revolution, a change of heart, a change of mind. To finally get off my ass and write more, go and see more.

Frankly, to practice what I preach: to write bravely, honestly, and with an open heart.

Oh. Hell. Why am I waiting until next year?

No comments: